ONC-ACB 2014 Edition - Complete EHR - Ambulatory
This Complete EHR is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This product uses publicly available data from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; NLM is not responsible for the product and does not endorse or recommend this or any other product.
EMR-Bear Certificate Number 150118R00
EMR-Bear Certification Criteria (41)
- 170.314(a)(1) COMPUTERIZED PROVIDER ORDER ENTRY
- 170.314(a)(2) DRUG-DRUG, DRUG-ALLERGY INTERACTION CHECKS
- 170.314(a)(3) DEMOGRAPHICS
- 170.314(a)(4) VITAL SIGNS, BODY MASS INDEX, AND GROWTH CHARTS
- 170.314(a)(5) PROBLEM LIST
- 170.314(a)(6) MEDICATION LIST
- 170.314(a)(7) MEDICATION ALLERGY LIST
- 170.314(a)(8) CLINICAL DECISION SUPPORT
- 170.314(a)(9) ELECTRONIC NOTES
- 170.314(a)(10) DRUG-FORMULARY CHECKS
- 170.314(a)(11) SMOKING STATUS
- 170.314(a)(12) IMAGE RESULTS
- 170.314(a)(13) FAMILY HEALTH HISTORY
- 170.314(a)(14) PATIENT LIST CREATION
- 170.314(a)(15) PATIENT-SPECIFIC EDUCATION RESOURCES
- 170.314(b)(1) TRANSITIONS OF CARE - RECEIVE, DISPLAY, AND INCORPORATE TRANSITION OF CARE/REFERRAL SUMMARIES
- 170.314(b)(2) TRANSITIONS OF CARE - CREATE AND TRANSMIT TRANSITION OF CARE/REFERRAL SUMMARIES
- 170.314(b)(3) ELECTRONIC PRESCRIBING
- 170.314(b)(4) CLINICAL INFORMATION RECONCILIATION
- 170.314(b)(5) INCORPORATE LABORATORY TESTS AND VALUES/RESULTS
- 170.314(b)(7) DATA PORTABILITY
- 170.314(c)(1) CLINICAL QUALITY MEASURES - CAPTURE AND EXPORT
- 170.314(c)(2) CLINICAL QUALITY MEASURES - IMPORT AND CALCULATE
- 170.314(c)(3) CLINICAL QUALITY MEASURES - ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION
- 170.314(d)(1) AUTHENTICATION, ACCESS CONTROL, AND AUTHORIZATION
- 170.314(d)(2) AUDITABLE EVENTS AND TAMPER-RESISTANCE
- 170.314(d)(3) AUDIT REPORT(S)
- 170.314(d)(4) AMENDMENTS
- 170.314(d)(5) AUTOMATIC LOG-OFF
- 170.314(d)(6) EMERGENCY ACCESS
- 170.314(d)(7) END-USER DEVICE ENCRYPTION
- 170.314(d)(8) INTEGRITY
- 170.314(e)(1) VIEW, DOWNLOAD, AND TRANSMIT TO 3RD PARTY
- 170.314(e)(2) CLINICAL SUMMARY
- 170.314(e)(3) SECURE MESSAGING
- 170.314(f)(1) IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION
- 170.314(f)(2) TRANSMISSION TO IMMUNIZATION REGISTRIES
- 170.314(f)(3) TRANSMISSION TO PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCIES - SYNDROMIC SURVEILLANCE
- 170.314(g)(2) AUTOMATED MEASURE CALCULATION
- 170.314(g)(3) SAFETY-ENHANCED DESIGN
- 170.314(g)(4) QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
EMR-Bear Certified Clinical Quality Measures
- CMS2 PREVENTIVE CARE AND SCREENING: SCREENING FOR CLINICAL DEPRESSION AND FOLLOW-UP PLAN
- CMS68 DOCUMENTATION OF CURRENT MEDICATIONS IN THE MEDICAL RECORD
- CMS69 PREVENTIVE CARE AND SCREENING: BODY MASS INDEX (BMI) SCREENING AND FOLLOW-UP
- CMS137 INITIATION AND ENGAGEMENT OF ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUG DEPENDENCE TREATMENT
- CMS138 PREVENTIVE CARE AND SCREENING: TOBACCO USE: SCREENING AND CESSATION INTERVENTION
- CMS149 DEMENTIA: COGNITIVE ASSESSMENT
- CMS155 WEIGHT ASSESSMENT AND COUNSELING FOR NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
- CMS161 MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER (MDD): SUICIDE RISK ASSESSMENT
- CMS165 CONTROLLING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- CMS177 CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER: SUICIDE RISK ASSESSMENT
Additional Software Used during testing
EMR-Direct, MSExcel, RXNT and web browsers.
A recent version of a popular web-browser such as Chrome and internet access is required in order to use EMR-Bear.
Additional Cost Disclosures
If you are already using a clearing house, then you are able to keep using the current clearing house at your current cost.
In order to automatically transmit billing claims, a Clearing House must be used. Clearing houses have different pricing schedules depending on the volume of claims and the type of insurance companies where the claims are sent. Costs for clearing houses vary from nothing to few hundred per month depending on volume and destination of the claims.
A faxing interface is optional. In the case your practice needs to send and/or receive faxes directly from EMR-Bear then the practice has to contract with a faxing cloud service.
Faxing cloud services costs range from $0.04 to $0.12 per faxed page.
In certain cases, when the practice has in-house report query writers they demand a real time mirror of the system's database in order to run their queries and/or integrate that information with other systems or into reports that pull information from other places.
If a database mirror is needed then a one time setup fee plus a monthly maintenance fee that varies depending on whether the mirror is maintained in our cloud or in the client's premises.
Secure Email transportation, Direct Project
Part of the 2014 certification mandates secure transportation of information exchange with other systems. In order to achieve this, EMR-Bear uses third party provider EMR Direct, additional direct addresses have a recurring annual cost.
EMR-Bear uses RXNT as a third party vendor for sending electronic prescriptions to the pharmacies. Enabling e-prescriptions includes a recurring monthly cost for each prescribing provider.
Excel spreadsheet software
In order to properly visualize system reports you need software that is able to read CSV (comma sepparated values) files such as MS Excel.
Other options such as LibreOffice are free of charge.